Monday, July 13, 2009

Lovely Lisa is turning 40


My Lovely sister Lisa is turning 40 in August so one of my presents to her is I have made her birthday invitations. I borrowed the Horte Couture stamp set off Leonie (thank you) and went to work. As you can see Lisa couldn't make her mind up so we used taken with teal, rose red, and ellegant eggplant for the main colours. Other colours I used are basic gray, black and I put it all together on some black textured paper.

Lisa then wanted one of the invitations to keep for herself, and she couldn't make her mind up, so her invitation has all the colours on it as you can see. Her idea not mine. Lol. Any way the back of the invitation was simple using vellem that I printed on. And held on by a cocktail glass punched out. But due to my sisters request it's hard to see this as she didn't want her details of the party going out on the internet. But I think they look great and Lisa couldn't stop looking at them and saying thank you. So I think she is a happy sister right now.

Sorry about the photo quality, due to the darkness outside I just couldn't get a good picture, which is such a shame as the invitations look great IRL.

Thanks for looking

6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous job Philippa, love the cocktail glass punch out - if I EVER turn 40 again I'm coming to see you - LOL
xXx

Robyn said...

Ooooh! Very swish Phillipa! Gorgeous colours-no wonder she found it hard to choose!And the wine glass punch is a great idea too! What a lovely sister you are!

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic, love the colours, think I would have had to keep one of each! Happy 40th Birthday to your sisterX:)

Leonie said...

These look quite lovely Phil, great job!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

These are stunning! Perfect for a 40th! Wow! Hugs Andrea xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi ... love these ... stunning ... and perfect for a 40th! Hugs, Andrea